A project/procurement officer needed in lekki, Lagos.
Job Role: Project Assistant/Procurement Officer
We are a fast-growing interior design firm based in Lagos with an established image of top-class designs created and implemented for high profile clients across the country. We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Project Assistant/Procurement Officer to provide professional assistance on projects, oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, candidate will play a key role in project execution and procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our interior design projects. Candidate will follow project management international best practices and procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize productivity
• Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle
• Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
• Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently
• Report updates verbally and in written form to management
• Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
• Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members
• Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email
• Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously
• Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
• Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
• Source vendors; create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
• Monitor delivery of imported and purchased supplies
• Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
• Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
• Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
• Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
• ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
• Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
• Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
• Work with team members and Project Manager to complete duties as needed
• Bachelor’s/Masters degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field preferred. • Working knowledge of project management
• Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
• Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Having good math abilities.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Having a good knowledge about IT systems.
• Having competent planning and organising skills.
• Being a leader.
• Being able to work with a team.
• Having good decision making abilities.
• Being able to work under pressure.
Qualified and Interested candidates should send CVs to email@example.com, using job title as title of the mail.