Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with
consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and
delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service,
which facilitates transactions among participants active on our
platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers
can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services,
fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings
or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
In particular you will;
- Design and implementation of web-based back-end components that are high-performing and scalable.
- Participate and improve development processes such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban along with strong robust coordination processes related to software release, deployment and testing.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Java / J2EE developement with Spring framework, especially with modules such as Web, JMS, transactions with Core container.
- Excellent Knowledge in Data Structure and Algorithms.
- Strong experience with Maven;Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- A strong sense for code quality, following/defining coding guidelines and experience with Unit-Testing and SonarQube.
- Experience working with a large code-base and version systems, ideally GIT.
- Pro-activeness, team player and positive attitude.
- Adaptable, meticulous, innovative with good problem solving skills.
- Excellent English skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- HOW TO APPLY