Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar, who is a Principal Officer, is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs (other than the financial affairs) of the University.
- The person holding the office of Registrar shall, by virtue of that office, be Secretary to the Council, the Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
The Candidate, Qualifications and
The person vying for the position of the Registrar shall meet the following criteria:
- Visionary and innovative, with exemplary leadership and good communication skills.
- A good honours degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University.
- He/she must have not less than fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience in university administration or similar institution.
- He/she must be a member of any professional body such as ANUPA, NIM, CIPM, AUA, CIPR.
- He/she must be digitally compliant, up-to-date in the use of information and communication technology.
- He/she must possess leadership qualities, must be dependable and must be of unassailable integrity. Acquisition of some formal training in the management of higher education as well as the possession of higher degree(s) will be an advantage.
- He/she must be at the level not below Deputy Registrar, must be in excellent physical and mental health, and be between 40 and 60 years of age as of the time of assumption of duty.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Successful candidates shall hold office for a single-term of five years and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his/her letter of appointment.
- Remuneration will be consolidated Salary for University Registrar with NUC approved benefits and allowances as applicable to the Nigeria University System. The University runs an attractive performance-based remuneration package and other benefit/entitlements as approved from time to time by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
3rd April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and other needful credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name with surname (first in capital letters)
Place and date of birth
Number and ages of children
E-mail and telephone numbers
Permanent home address
State of origin and LGA
Qualification obtained with dates
Positions held with dates
List of publications (if any)
Membership of professional bodies
Names and addresses of 3 referees
Present position with salary
Signature and date
All Applications, Curriculum Vitae
and credentials should be sent under confidential cover in a sealed envelope
marked “Post of the Registrar” at the Right Hand Corner and be addressed to:
Mountain Top University,
Km 12, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway,
Prayer City, Nigeria.
Candidates should also forward their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and Credentials as attachment in PDF Formats to: email@example.com
- The application should include vision and mission statement for the Registry in the next five years, not more than one thousand (1000) words.
- Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format, to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to make themselves available for interaction.
To apply for other positions, click here